The MECA Ride the Light specialty lighting contests are great for night-time events.
We hope to include more events during the next season so stay on the look out for an event near you that includes this cool night time special event to light up the night!
NEON & ACCESSORY LIGHTING CONTEST
Intended to evaluate and select Best Interior and Best Exterior lighting displays.
“Ride the Light” Classes
- Best Interior – All doors and hatches are open for inspection. Judged by the number of lights and scenes, the integrity of the installation, creativity, and the overall impression of the lighting display.
- Best Exterior – Includes body, under vehicle, under hood, and all factory and non-factory illumination accessories. Judged by the number of highlights and scenes, the integrity of the installation, creativity, and the overall impression of the lighting display.
A – Vehicle/Owner Requirements
- Vehicle must be driven into judging area by owner/member or Support Team Member.
- Lighting system(s) must be operated by owner/member or Support Team Member
- Vehicle must be operated in a safe and cautious manner.
- Vehicle parked during judging.
- Competitor and team must accord all judges proper courtesy, respect, and cooperation. Any unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification and/or suspension.
B – Judging Criteria
- MECA judge(s) inspect Interior and Exterior of vehicle.
- All doors, hatches, hoods, trunks, and compartments that are part of the lighting display must be open and viewable. Judges can only judge what is working and viewable.
- Competitor may present vehicle to judge(s) and indicate and explain lighting sources).
- Contest must start at or after dusk, unless prior notification is given.
- Points are awarded for each display light.
- All vehicles scored on installation practices and viewability.
- Judge’s decisions are final.
- 100 points possible for each class; lights counted per B5.
|20||Front – Number of lights. Exterior judged from windshield to front bumper. Interior judged in front of B-pillars.|
|20||Rear – Number of lights. Exterior judged from passenger compartment to rear bumper. Interior judged behind B-pillars.|
|20||Sides – Number of lights. Exterior judged on right and left full body views. Interior judged on right and left doors and side panels.|
|10||Install – Integrity of installation with 10 points being a perfect install.|
|10||Creativity – Unique arrangement, installation, pattern, and use of lights.|
|10||Theme – Imagery showing a theatrical type display, color coordinated, symmetrical, from front to back.|
C – System Requirements
- Electrical power for all accessories is to be provided by a 12-volt system source that is located in the vehicle, and not by any other physical or mechanical means.
- All lighting systems, whether original factory or aftermarket, should be installed in a safe and secure manner.